Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In | Register
Frequently Asked Questions & Tutorials
Share |

Society / Member Questions

How do I register to become a member of PSSNY?

Click Here to view the tutorial.

How do I register for an Event on the PSSNY website?

Click Here to view the tutorial. 

Registered for an Event, but want to make sure?

Click Here to view the tutorial.

Are you having trouble loading a page on our website?  Or is it loading more slowly than normal?

Please click the link that matches your Internet Browser.
Google ChromeInternet ExplorerMozilla Firefox

DISCLAIMER: If you are using an older version of Windows (Windows XP and sooner) that these are no longer supported products by Microsoft and you WILL encounter load errors that are a result of this.

Miss a PSSNY Publication? (PSSNY Member Benefit)

PSSNY Weekly E-script Archive, PSSNY Journal Archive

What is PSSNY's Legislative Agenda?

PSSNY's Current Legislative Agenda

How an I contact my Legislative Representative?

PSSNY Voter Voice

Practice Related Questions

Ask your practice based questions on the 'Ask A Pharmacist' blog or send questions to 

Did You Know Pharmacy Practice Facts 

What is required to be a Medical Marijuana dispencing pharmacist?

Full information on Practitioner Education for the Medical Marijuana Program can be found on the Medical Marijuana resource page.

Does PSSNY have any Buying Group discounts or rebates?

PSSNY works with Anda under a Pharmacy Buying Group Agreement,
Current PBG agreements: GPO Buying form ANDA,

Where can I get information on Fraud Waste and Abuse Compliance?

PSSNY has endorsed PAAS National┬« as our only state program for satisfying pharmacy provider Fraud, Waste and Abuse and HIPAA Compliance.

How can I file a Complaint with Medicaid?

Medicaid Pharmacy Policy:
This is for pharmacy providers, enrollees or other stakeholders regarding specific pharmacy issues, such as inappropriately denied claims, whether a FFS drug is covered, or other claim issues that may impact a member's access to medication.

Managed Care Plan:
This is used by the Division of Health Plan Contracting and Oversight for a variety of managed care concerns/complaints, as listed on their contact webpage here.  This contact page also gives their mailing address, as well as phone numbers for specific issues/concerns.
For Complaints regarding general reimbursement issues on Specialty drugs, which are a contract issue use this email address Contract issues are not within the purview of the NYS Medicaid Pharmacy office.

Where Can I find information about Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program?

On April 14, 2014 Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced that New York has finalized terms and conditions with the federal government for a groundbreaking waiver that will allow the state to reinvest $8 billion in federal savings generated by Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) reforms. Listed are resources for DSRIP;

A revised document of all public comments received by DOH regarding DSRIP PPS Project Plan Applications as well as a summary of the public comments has been posted to the website and is available here.

What is I-STOP/PMP?

Internet System for Tracking Over-Prescribing / Prescription Monitoring Program.
Please visit our Pharmacy Resources page for more information.

Am I allowed to Electronically Prescribe Controlled Substances?

Amendments to Title 10 NYCRR Part 80 Rules and Regulations on Controlled Substances have been adopted and became effective as final regulations on March 27, 2013. The amendments authorize a practitioner to issue an electronic prescription for controlled substances in Schedules II through V and allow a pharmacist to accept, annotate, dispense and electronically archive such prescriptions. Link to Website.

Does PSSNY Offer any information regarding the Safe Disposal of Controlled Substances?

Federal data shows that for 11 straight years, drug overdose deaths have increased. According to the  federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2010, more than 38,000 people died from a  drug overdose in the United States. Most of the medicines were prescription drugs.

As you know, in addition to the health risks, the improper disposal of prescription drugs, can cause  environmental contamination. The DEA's take-back event, along with the DOH safe disposal program,  allows for households to dispose of unwanted and expired medications in an environmentally-conscious  fashion.
 Link to Website.

The Pharmacists Society is standing with MyOldMeds to support knowledge and awareness of safe medicine use and disposal in this video. We know that you rely on your community pharmacist for reliable information on medications and want you to know that we are working together to do everything in our power to prevent prescription drug abuse in our communities. This video will explain what to do with your leftover or expired medications, and how to easily dispose of them right at home. Pharmacists can use this video to promote this safe practice to their patients.

How do I receive a primary source verification letter of good standing for the Pharmacy and the PIC for recredentialing?


NEW YORK does not issue such letters you just go to the NYS website and print out your status as a pharmacy.  Visit, go to online services, select pharmacies and search your pharmacy name.  Show that to whomever asks and they will understand that NY does not issue any such good standing.


Questions about reporting Immunizations in NYSIIS?


Click Here for information regarding NYSIIS.


Must counties in NY have not given the dept of health local Chief medical doc the authority to write a standing order for the county, correct ? And so, unless a pharmacy has some kind of arrangement with a particular doc, fir a few or otherwise , he/she can only give immunizations  based on a specific patient Rx , correct?


The non-specific order does not need to be signed by the DOH medical physician, see below:

A pharmacist may accept a patient-specific prescription for an immunization from a physician or from a nurse practitioner. Likewise, a pharmacist may administer immunizations based on a non-patient specific order from a physician or nurse practitioner located within the same county, or from a physician or nurse practitioner from an adjacent county. ( )

The necessary forms to be completed and signed are contained in the link below:


DEA Take back:

For registration information:

To apply to apply for registration to allow you to take back meds:

Scroll down to registration for disposal of controlled substances and click.

 Have a question that's not here? Email us at

PSSNY, 7 Executive Centre Drive, Suite 2, Albany, NY 12203 * 518-869-6595 *