May 4, 2017
Bronx location. Excellent opportunity and salary. Parking available. Drugrite pharmacy
April 12, 2017
Director of Pharmacy Practice
Pharmacists Society of the State of New York, Inc.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with recent skills in community pharmacy, leadership, coalition building, and management of volunteers to serve as the Director of Pharmacy Practice of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York, Inc. (PSSNY). PSSNY is a statewide membership society that provides education, advocacy and engagement opportunities for pharmacists and students studying pharmacy. This position is part-time with a flexible schedule. Pharmacy license required.
- Answer member questions, calls and emails regarding pharmacy practice issues, reimbursement issues and other areas of regulatory compliance.
- Attend State Board of pharmacy meetings, Pharmacy Advisory Committee meetings, PSSNY conference calls/meetings, and other pharmacy stakeholder meetings as needed to stay informed of the latest statutes and regulations in pharmacy.
- Work with appropriate individuals on campus to promote and assist with the development and growth of PSSNY student chapters.
- Act as Advisor to SPSSNY.
- Increase student and faculty membership by working with the Director of Public Affairs and Membership.
- Coordinate the poster and business plan competition.
- Coordinate the Student Sponsorship Program.
- Present CE programming as per ACPE guidelines.
Under My Wing Mentorship Program
- Work with appropriate individuals on campus and within PSSNY’s affiliate structure to promote the Under My Wing mentorship program.
- Act as Mentor Program Coordinator.
- Create awareness of the program to attract mentors and students.
- Manage and evaluate student intern activities.
Some travel required.
- License in pharmacy in good standing with the NYS Board of Pharmacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy with a minimum of five years of community pharmacy experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of social media preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to respect, support, encourage and promote the diversity of ideas, values, assumptions, aspirations, approaches and ideologies inherent in the profession of pharmacy.
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary for this part-time position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, please provide a resume, names and contact information for three professional references and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and summarizing how your experience can improve pharmacy practice for our members.
Applications will be accepted until MAY 15, 2017:
Email your CV and references to HR@pssny.org with Attention Search Committee in the subject line.