Update on Pharmacy Audits & Compliance for the Pharmacist/Pharmacy Owner
Program # 0170-0000-15-061-H04-P
1 Contact Hour
Target Audience: This program is targeted to pharmacists in all practice settings.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- define the changes to the new Fraud Waste Abuse and Compliance initiatives regarding NY Medicaid, Medicare Part B and Medicare Part D specifically with regard to enrollment, audit and recovery issues;
- describe the effect of the Affordable Care Act on pharmacy compliance with dispensing of medications and supplies in federal and state funded prescription programs;
- state the annual compliance requirements for participation in the NYS Medicaid Prescription Program which covers both the state operated "fee for service" and the Managed Care Organizations Medicaid Managed Care programs;
- list what pharmacists are responsibility for in compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to protect patient privacy and the related enforcement activity regarding HIPAA Compliance;
- identify where to look for excluded and disqualified prescribers as well as employees due to various violations of health care laws and regulations;
- list and know how to prepare for an unannounced Medicaid Credentialing Verification Review (CVR) audit and inspection of your pharmacy and the significant repercussions an adverse CVR audit/inspection can have on your practice.
Click here to view the recording (must score it least a 70% on the Quiz to receive Homestudy Credit)
Click here to download the powerpoint slide deck
Click here to take Homestudy Quiz
Click here to take the Homestudy Survey
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education
CPE Information: To obtain 1.0 contact hours of CPE credit for this activity, you must complete the assessment and evaluation. CPE credit will be awarded for a passing grade of 70% or better on the assessment. CPE credit is achieved upon successful completion of the assessment and evaluation. Your transcript will be stored on CPE Monitor for your transcript at www.nabp.net. Click Here for the Assessment and Evaluation.