CALL your State Senator and Assembly member about TWO budget items
Friday, March 17, 2017
Posted by: Jamie Cullis
The Assembly and Senate released their budget resolutions this week and we feel they do not sufficiently protect patients in New York State.
CALL your State Senator and CALL your Assembly member about TWO budget items.
- Medicaid Reimbursement Proposal
- State regulation of PBMs, through licensure and registration
Medicaid Reimbursement Proposal
Point out to the legislators that, under current proposals:
- Patients run the risk of losing access to critical medications
- The DOH based its proposed dispensing fee on an old, invalid survey previously rejected by the NYS legislature-not on a current NYS survey or neighboring state survey as CMS requires.
- The dispensing fee is not enough to sustain pharmacies' abilities to provide care for their Medicaid FFS patients.
ASK THE LEGISLATORS TO SUPPORT PSSNY's DISPENSING FEE PROPOSAL.
Pharmacy Benefit Managers: Registration and Licensure
The Assembly included the Governor's PBM registration and licensure proposal in their one-house budget.
- Thank your Assembly member for their support.
- Ask the them to stand firm on inclusion of PBM registration and licensure in the final budget.
However, the Senate severely weakened the Governor's proposal.
- PBMS are currently the only unregulated entity in the distribution of prescription drugs.
- NYS needs to STOP PBM practices that artificially inflate prescription drug costs and threaten patient access to community pharmacies.
- Ask the Senate to reinstate the Governor's PBM proposal.