Pharmacists Society of the State of New York and the
Pharmacists Association of Western New York
CPR Training & Blood Borne Pathogen Training (BBP)
When: Tuesday August 29, 2017
Where: Getzville Fire Hall, 630 Dodge Road, Getzville, NY 14068
Schedule: 6:00 PM Registration, Pizza & Wings
6:30 BBP CE followed by CPR
Credits: One contact hour for BBP See below for CPR
Presenter: Dan Hartman
Target Audience: Pharmacists and student pharmacists in all practice settings.
At the completion of the BBP activity, the participant will be able to:
· Define modes of transmission;
· Identify employees at risk of contamination;
· List safety precautions;
· List the appropriate action plan if an exposure to a blood borne pathogen occurs;
· Describe how to decontaminate a contaminated area.
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE 0170-9999-17-074-L04-P Activity Type: Knowledge Program release date: 8/29/2017
To receive credit for this program participant must sign an attendance sheet and complete the on-line survey / evaluation within 7 days.
Fees: __ $ 25.00 for Members of PAWNY
__ $ 35.00 for Members of NCPA & ASCP
__ $100.00 All Others
__ $ 25.00 SPAWNY
__ $ 30.00 Non-SPAWNY
Register by email email@example.com or by mail: PAWNY, P.O. Box 1234, Tonawanda, NY 14151 ****NOTE NEW ADDRESS
Phone & Fax:_______________________________________________________________
PER THE NYS BOARD OF PHARMACY: RETAIN YOUR CPR CARD FOR CREDIT TOWARD RE-LICENSURE
Continuing education credit for completing ONE of these courses per registration period is allowed. The CPR, BLS, ACLS or EMT course must be sponsored by the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, American Safety and Health Institute or the National Safety Council to be acceptable toward the continuing education requirement for pharmacists. (Note: Similar courses offered online are NOT acceptable; First Aid courses are NOT acceptable as credit.)
- You may count an initial CPR course for up to five hours of continuing education; a CPR recertification course is worth up to three hours.
- An initial BLS course can be used for up to five hours of continuing education; BLS recertification is worth up to three hours.
- An initial ACLS course is eligible for up to twelve hours and ACLS recertification is worth up to six hours.
- An initial EMT Basic course can count for up to ten hours and EMT Basic recertification for up to five hours of continuing education.
- The card that is issued upon completion of an approved CPR, BLS, ACLS or EMT course should be retained as proof for continuing education credit.