Take Your Best Shot: Vaccine Administration Best Practices
Presenters: Christine L. Compton, MD, MPH, Medical Director, Bureau of Immunization, NYS Dept. of Health
and Kathleen Blaney, MPH, RN, Adult Outreach Coordinator, Bureau of Immunization, NYC Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of implementing vaccine administration best practices;
- List the key steps involved in administering vaccines;
- Describe best practices for administering vaccines;
- Identify common vaccine administration errors and ways to avoid them;
- Describe the importance of reporting doses administered to the Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR).
Description: This activity will address adult vaccine administration best practices, including details on assessing patient needs for vaccination, screening for contraindications and precautions, educating patients and obtaining consent, preparing vaccine, administering vaccine, and documenting doses administered in the Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR).
You must register for this activity.
To receive CE credit, participants must submit an enrollment code and complete the evaluation. CPE credit will be reported directly to CPE Monitor. Per ACPE, CPE credit must be claimed no later than 60 days from the date of the live activity or completion of a home-study activity.
Knowledge Based Activity
1 Contact Hour
Initial Release Date: June 13, 2017
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.