PSSNY Business Case Study Competition
Sponsored by New York City Pharmacists Society and Italian-American Pharmacists Society
- The competition is open to individuals or teams of up to four students enrolled at colleges of pharmacy in New York. All participants must be registered for the PSSNY Mid-Winter Meeting, pre-registered for the competition, and be current SPSSNY members.
- To register for the PSSNY Mid-Winter Meeting, please go to: www.PSSNY.org.
- To register for the competition, please register on http://www.pssny.org/event/2017SBC. The case study will be available for download once registration is completed; each team member needs to register at the above link.
- The individual or team is tasked to review the case, develop a response to the question(s), and submit an Executive Summary of their business plan to the judges.
- The “Executive Summary” should be in PDF or Word format no more than five pages in length (minimum 12 point font, single spaced, one-inch margins, including tables/graphs/photos – this does not include reference page).
- The deadline for submission is December 18th, 2016 time stamped by 6pm. Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Judges will review and score the submissions. Top ranking teams will be invited to present their summary live at the Mid-Winter Meeting. Guidelines for the live presentation will follow.
- Participants are not limited with regard to the resources utilized to create the response and the summary (e.g. websites, reference books, live interviews with mentors/employers/wholesalers, etc.). References used should be itemized in an addendum to the Executive Summary, this will not count toward the five page maximum.
- Questions about the case should be directed to Stephanie Alvarez via email at email@example.com. Any questions asked, as well as the answers provided, will be shared with all teams.
- Participants should not contact the judges for assistance with the case. Any participant or team that contacts a judge in relation to the case work will be disqualified. This year the panel includes: Debbi Barber, Chris Daly, Patty Donato, Steve Moore, and Parthiv Shah.
- Case studies, documents or any materials that have been previously submitted to local or national competitions (e.g. NCPA) or as part of course work for class will not be accepted.
- Monetary prizes will be awarded to the teams that come in 1st / 2nd / 3rd.
Please direct any questions to Terry Towers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-632-8822.
Student Poster Presentations
Sponsored by Italian-American Pharmacists Society
**Please review carefully as PSSNY has changed the format for this year’s program.**
- This program is open to a SPSSNY member currently enrolled in a college of pharmacy.
- All participants are required to register for the 2017 Mid-Winter Meeting and attend during the poster session (January 28, 2017- The Desmond Hotel, Exhibit Hall 9:30am – 10:30am).
- Students must submit an abstract for review by December 1st, 2016. (PDF emailed to Terry Towers at email@example.com.)
- Categories for posters are clinical research or patient education services.
- No more than two students may present a single poster.
- A maximum of 10 posters will be accepted for presentation. This will be determined after review of abstracts by the New Practitioner Committee and Terry Towers.
- A metal stand will be provided. Posters should not exceed 3’ x 5’.
- Students are responsible for set up and break down of their posters.
Incomplete submissions will not be evaluated for inclusion in the session. All deadlines are final, no extensions will be given. There will be no onsite entry for posters.
Abstract must include title, authors (inclusive of faculty, preceptors, or advisors), purpose, methods, results, and conclusions. The document cannot exceed 600 words.
Notification of acceptance will be sent to the primary author via e-mail and posted to the PSSNY website by December 19, 2016.
Posters will be evaluated by a panel of pharmacists from academic, hospital, and community experience.
The posters receiving awards or honorable mention will be presented at the evening reception on January 28th.
Please direct any questions or concerns to Terry Towers at firstname.lastname@example.org.