~ Lost in Transition: How Pharmacists’ Can Help Improve Care for Discharged Patients
● 0170-9999-16-098-L04-P ● 0.2 CEU ~
Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Place: Holiday Inn, 215 Sunnyside Blvd., Plainview, New York
Registration: 6:30 - 7:00 PM
Dinner: 7:00—8:00 PM
Continuing Education: 8:00—10:00 PM
Presenter: Hira Shafeeq, PharmD, BCPS, Assistant Professor, St. John’s University
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- define transitional care;
- discuss impact of transition related
- medication errors on patient outcomes;
- review classes of medications commonly associated with transition related error;
- describe pharmacists' interventions that can reduce transitional medication errors.
Knowledge Based Activity
Initial Release Date: 12/14/2016
This activity will review common changes in patient medications during hospitalization and at discharge.
The activity is intended to improve pharmacists’ understanding of transition of care and common medication errors as patients move through health systems.
PLEASE REGISTER ON-LINE:
look under calendar of events
LIPS Members: FREE
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a
provider of continuing pharmacy education.