Registration: 6:30 PM
Dinner: 6:30 PM
CE Program: 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Dinner Sponsor: KINRAY - Thank You!
Target Audience: Pharmacists
This program is approved for 0.2 CEU
Initial Release Date: 3/1/2017
Program Expiration Date: 12/31/2017
- David Kim, MD, Deputy Associate Director for Adult Immunizations, Immunization Services, Division, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Vivian Huang, MD, MPH, Director of Adult Immunization & Emergency Preparedness, NYC DOHMH*
- Edward Wake, Public Health Advisor, CDC, Adult Immunization Chief, NYC DOHMH*
- Kathleen Blaney, MPH, RN, Adult Outreach Coordinator, NYC DOHMH*
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the 2017 Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)-recommended adult vaccination schedule;
- Describe and implement relevant standards of practice for adult immunization;
- Describe techniques to effectively recommend needed vaccines to adult patients;
- Identify requirements and best practices for vaccine storage and handling;
- Describe how to use the NYC Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) to report vaccines administered to adults.
About the Program:
This session will address best practices along with new 2017 guidelines for adult immunization. The training will include actionable evidence-based strategies that pharmacists can implement to ensure all adult patients receive the vaccines they need, including how to make a strong recommendation, properly store and handle vaccines, and effectively use the NYC Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) and its features. This session will NOT provide certification as an immunizer. It is intended for those already certified to immunize.
Disclosure will be made on the day of the program regarding any interest or affiliation a speaker may have with a supporting organization.
To receive credit for this program, participants must complete the sign-in sheet and complete the online evaluation. Information will be sent to mycpemonitor.net within 10 days of the conclusion of the program.
This session is free for all NYC Pharmacists who currently are certified to give immunizations. This continuing education session is provided through a collaborative grant by NYC DOHMH, CDC and PSSNY.
After this session, attendees must log into www.pssny.org to complete the program survey and evaluation. Within two weeks of completion, your attendance will be submitted to NABP CPE Monitor.
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
*NYC DOHMH New York City Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene
Funding for this conference was made possible (in part) by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does the mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
Registration is required. Space is limited.