Medical Marijuana and Medication Error Reduction
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
· Discuss NYS Compassionate Care Act and regulations
· Identify the interplay with the NYS Education Law
· List the direct role of the pharmacist in the dispensary, and the indirect role in all other clinical situations
· State the role of federal agencies including the DEA and CMS
· Describe the role of the Prescription Monitoring Program
· Describe the liability of health care professionals who participate in this therapy.
Karl Williams, RPh, JD, Associate Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy, St. John Fisher College
2 Contact Hours Credit
Knowledge Based Activity
Initial Release Date: 6/12/2016
Non-members - $50.00 (will be refunded if attendee joins PSSNY at the event)
Must RSVP and select meal option : Lasagna, Haddock, Chicken Marsala - Please place meal selection in the RSVP comments.
Limit 40 attendees.
Also attendees can RSVP by mailing a check made out to "OCPS" for the appropriate amount:
126 Commane Road
Baldwinsville, NY 13027
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.