At the completion of this activity, the
participant will be able to:
· Discuss NYS Compassionate Care Act and regulations
· Identify the interplay with the NYS Education Law
· List the direct role of the pharmacist in the dispensary, and the indirect role in all other clinical situations
· State the role of federal agencies including the DEA and CMS
· Describe the role of the Prescription Monitoring Program
· Describe the liability of health care professionals who participate in this therapy.
Karl Williams, RPh, JD, Associate Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy, St. John Fisher College
2 Contact Hours Credit
Knowledge Based Activity
Initial Release Date: 6/12/2016
This is a FREE program For Members -- $25.00 for Non-members
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.