Management of Airborne Diseases: A Focus on Influenza, Legionella and Pertussis ● 0170-9999-15-092-L01-P ● 0.2 CEU
Joseph Etzel, BS Phm, PharmD, Assistant Dean & Associate Clinical Professor, St. John’s University
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
· Discuss current recommendations for the prevention and treatment of influenza;
· Distinguish between the clinical presentation of legionella and other bacterial lower respiratory tract infections;
· List the recommended treatment options for managing legionella infections;
· Discuss the pathophysiology and presentation of pertussis;
· Summarize the most recent recommendations regarding the use of Tdap for the prevention of pertussis.
Program Type: Knowledge
Initial Release Date: 09/9/2015
Program Expiration Date: 12/31/2015
Target Audience: Pharmacists and other interested health professionals
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.