The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York & and Italian American Pharmacist Society
Invite you to Dinner & a Continuing Education Program
Program Title: “Medication Errors 2018”
Date: Thursday, January 11, 2018
Where: Giardino’s Restaurant, 44-37 Douglaston Pkwy, Douglaston, NY 11363
Schedule: 7:30 PM Medication Errors 2018
Credits: One Contact Hour (0.1 CEU)
Presenter: Emily Ambizas, PharmD,
Dr. Emily Ambizas is an Associate Clinical Professor at St. John’s University College of
Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
Target Audience: Pharmacists and student pharmacists in all practice settings.
At the completion of this activity, the attendee will be able to:
• Define “medication error”;
• List the most common causes and types of medication errors;
• Identify high-alert medications that may cause serious harm when they are involved in errors;
• Discuss strategies and mechanisms to help reduce the occurrence of medication errors;
• Explain the importance of a medication error reporting system;
• List the most common organizations offering safe medication practices.
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE 0170-9999-18-011-L05-P Activity Type: Knowledge
Program release date: 1/11/2018 1 Contact Hour
To receive credit for this program participant must sign an attendance sheet and complete the on-line survey / evaluation within 7 days.